Girlsgetaway.com wants to represent women’s voice in travel, encompassing experience, knowledge and enthusiasm to help women make fun and informed travel decisions.
If you would like to submit a story for paid publication, please read the guidelines below.
Acceptable methods of story submissions:
Pitches are strongly encouraged, Please have “Submission” written in the subject line of the email.
Send story ideas to:
GirlsGetaway will make every attempt to let you know if your story has been accepted within four weeks of submission.
Once you’ve received a go ahead for an article, follow these steps:
Email the story as a Word doc saved in “rich text format.” Please provide links in the body of the story for any hotel/restaurant/attraction covered. Photographs are always welcome and please send them along either as links on a photo sharing site or as attachments with your submission. We credit all photos. If photos are unavailable, don’t worry, GirlsGetaway can source alternatives.
What we are looking for:
Articles need to focus on the experience of a girl’s getaway; yes, we do want to hear all about the destination, activities, hotel and restaurants, but most importantly it needs to be placed in the context of a women-only trip.
Our voice is:
- think about your own chats with friends — lots of important information shared in an inclusive, casual atmosphere.
- good or bad, we tell it like it is!
- women want a different kind of travel experience when traveling together or solo, and so our articles should bring the feminine into travel. Some examples:
- Please ensure your article is accurate and current, writers should check all content, and ensure that all spa/restaurant/hotel/destinations are correctly spelled and addresses are included. Please provide a website link if available.
- Article length should be between 500 to 1,500 words. Stories will be edited for length and content.
- Please include images/videos if possible. Image size: Bigger is better!
- Finally, think about your article — is it excellent, entertaining, informative and most importantly, does it speak to the female traveler? Are you itching to see it published online? If yes – your article is ready for submission!
GirlsGetaway Pays Its Writers!
We are thrilled to announce that starting in January 2012 we will officially be a paying publication. We pay $20 (twenty US dollars) per article. We pay via Paypal in $US.
Rights: We run previously unpublished material. We hold exclusive rights for 6 months, reserving the right to re-run on a different permalink, and print and all electronic anthology rights. We keep your article archived on the web indefinitely.
Guest Posts: We accept limited guest posts from new women travel writers interested in getting exposure for their excellent travel stories. For guest posts we only consider completed manuscripts, but if you’re looking for a little guidance feel free to contact us and describe your story idea in a few sentences and we’ll let you know if you’re on the right track.